Monday, November 30, 2015

Answering a Question from a Friend in Canada

One of my Tumblr readers asked:

I'm from Canada where vaping literally has no laws where I am right now. I am younger than most places will allow to buy. I have anxiety and so much stress and I think vaping will help (no nicotine), plus the tricks look cool. Any thoughts on my situation? Do you think it's okay for me to just vape without nicotine for funzies and tricks?


Here's the answer I gave to my reader:

No matter what the laws are of your area I still cannot advocate the use of e-cigs to minors as a stress relief aid or under any circumstance other than trying to quit smoking. The concern to me is that you will be caught in school with it and then you will see news stories all over claiming that BIG TOBACCO is targeting children with their advertisement of e-cigs. Although I realize the news organizations dramatize these stories, this makes our industry look like monsters trying to lure children in with candy flavors and vape tricks which we all know is not the case.

I would highly recommend you talk to your doctor about your stress and anxiety issues and if you’re looking for an alternative to traditional medicine, try yoga. The breathing techniques can definitely relax you and can ease your anxiety. Also, make sure you’re eating right, drink lots of water, getting lots of sleep and getting exercise, all of which can help as well. Vape tricks might look cool and fun to try but it will do literally nothing for your mental health.

Do what I do when I feel stressed; go for a jog, drink a cup of green tea or just sit and meditate. Ingesting chemicals isn’t going to de-stress you, finding the roots of your problems and helping to fix them will. Sorry to burst your bubble but I’m trying to look out for the best interest of the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment